Going on a diet has never been easy, as past experiences might have taught you. Have you tried all these miracle diets, only to find out that you can not live like that? Have they made you cheat and drop this restrictive kind of eating sooner or later? And then the weight came back?
Well, these diets are right only in one point: To lose weight, you need to cut down on calories. But that does not mean you can not enjoy food any more. In fact, it is essential for the success of your weight loss attempt that you do enjoy what you eat, because only when you are happy and satisfied with your meals, you will make lasting changes in your diet. And only if you make lasting changes and start eating healthier, you will not only lose weight but also prevent it from coming back.
Here are two greatly loved dishes that you will not be able to resist:
300 g whole wheat spaghetti
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 chili, chopped, or 1 tsp. crushed chili
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 large carrot, finely chopped
500 g lean minced meat (beef or chicken)
1 big can chopped peeled tomatoes (880 g)
2 tsp. origanum
1 tsp. thyme
a pinch of salt
40 g low-fat cheese, grated
1. Cook the spaghetti according to the instructions on the packet. Do not add oil and at the most a little bit of salt.
2. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onion, garlic, chili and carrots for about 5 minutes until the onions are golden, occasionally stirring.
3. Add the minced meat and roast it until brown.
4. Then add tomatoes and spices, reduce the heat and allow to simmer on moderate heat for approximately 20-30 minutes until the sauce thickens.
5. Serve the spaghetti with the sauce, sprinkle with cheese.
450 g flour
200-280 ml water
3-4 tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. ground black pepper
1 packet of yeast
2 small tins tomato paste (70 g each)
1 tsp. marjoram
a pinch of salt
1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1 ½ onions, sliced
250 g cooked chicken filet, chopped
1 ½ red pepper, thinly sliced
250 g mushrooms, sliced
250 g low-fat cheese, chopped
marjoram extra to sprinkle on top
optional: 1 chili, chopped (or 1 tsp. crushed chili)
1. Mix flour, water, oil, salt, pepper and yeast. Work it through for approximately 10-15 minutes until the dough is stretchable and not sticky any more. Place in a large bowl, cover with a damp cloth and allow the dough to rise in a warm place. This will take about 1 hour.
2. Preheat the oven (220 ° C). Cover a baking tray with baking paper (instead of greasing it). Briefly knead the dough and then lay it out on the baking tray, pressing it up at the edges.
3. Mix the tomato paste with marjoram, salt and pepper. Add a bit of water until it has a creamy texture. Spread the mixture evenly on the dough.
4. Spread onions, chicken, red pepper, mushrooms and cheese on the dough, one layer after the other. Sprinkle with marjoram and chili.
5. Place the pizza on the second level from the top and bake for approximately 40 minutes.
As you see, a weight loss diet does not need to be restrictive. To be really effective, in fact, it must not be restrictive. It needs to cut down on fat and sugar, but it should never give you the feeling that you are deprived of the foods you love. The only diet that will work for you is one that does not feel like a diet, a healthy way of eating that you enjoy and make part of your new life.